Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wait, I forgot my shoes!

So, the holidays kind of wore me out I guess. I love Christmas. I find great pleasure in giving a gift that I know will fill the receiver with delight.
I also love to spend time with my family.
It was only a few days after though that I realized that I was being very absentminded. Nothing big, just annoying little things. I did mention to my family that I felt a bit out of sorts and spacey.
The following day my son-in-law asked if I was feeling better today. "Yes, I do," I said, "...but then again I did try to leave the house without my shoes today......so maybe not." Yes, I actually walked out of the house to go to the store and realized I had no shoes on! I did have socks on though for whatever that is worth. Hmmn, I guess I might be a bit tired.
While my Canadian son-in-law was celebrating his first non-white Christmas, my California daughter's boyfriend was longing to find some snow to play in. I was ready to get out of the house for a while so we bundled up and went on a quest to find him some snow. We live very near Hurricane Ridge which seemed like the logical place to go, except that they closed the sledding area this year. Apparently someone decided it was too "dangerous". So much for winter family fun in Port Angeles.
We decided our best bet was to head into the hills.
We set out for Slab Camp above Sequim. We had a long, lovely drive on roads people don't usually drive their Camry's on, but we never did hit any snow. Instead we stopped by the Dungeness River. If only it wasn't so cold. If it is going to be that cold I want snow to play in. Anyway, I took a few photos of the very cold, but beautiful river. Even though we didn't find snow it was still good to get out of the house and I definitely had my shoes on this time.



Add ImageAdd ImageAdd Image






Add Image

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great article, makes me want to head into the hills..

Have a great day!

Janet

Lisa Holman of XSBaggage and Co. said...

Nice photos Shannon! I love the holidays too, but it can be so tiring. Great idea to get out for a ride with the family!

Just 6 weeks until the SOAM Winter Warm-up!

Shannon said...

I can't wait for the Winter Warm up. Sequim Open Aire Market is a great group of people. I just updated my location info on my website to show my spring schedule.
www.washingtonsoap.com