Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Fat Lady Has Sung

Well folks, the fat lady has finally sung. When I did my chores this morning I looked at my last pregnant goat closely. I knew it would be today or tomorrow but you know how they have been plotting to have their babies while I am gone? Well I decided to go to town and do a few errands; fooling her into thinking I would be gone long enough to have them without me. Hah, I fooled her good, came home sooner than she expected and caught her with the first beautiful little 6 pound doeling fresh on the ground. Look at those georgeuos spots.

 I quickly moved her into a birthing pen and waited some more. I was thinking that due to the size of this little girl and the huge size of mama I could get a whole lot more babies. A half hour later another kid is coming. Wow, another doeling! And she is super cute too. Black with a white splash and with a black spot right in the middle of the white splash. But she is huge compared to her sister, 8 pounds 4 ounces. Five minutes later another kid is coming, a buck this time and he is big too at 8pounds. Again super cute, tons of spots! Here is a shot of mama drying off babies.

 I sort of expected at least one more kid due to shear size of mama lately but I guess those big kids were taking up a lot of space.
 Here are all three

All of my waiting has been worth it and God has surely blessed me. Now I am excited to get enough milk to make some cheese.

9 comments:

Lisa Holman of XSBaggage and Co. said...

Yay! More babies!! They're super cute Shannon!

SWiggins said...

Thanks Lisa!

DebH said...

now those are gorgeous..I just LOVE the spots and way to go..2 does?? Very cool,,seems it is the year of boys here. Boys outnumber the girls 12 to 7, but thankfully 5 of the boys are calves. They bring a little more money anyway. I bet your glad to quit worrying about when she will kid. It is always such a relief when all goes well.

Tonia said...

Beautiful babies!!! Congrats on those babies!

Brenda said...

I LOVE their color and spots! They are absolutely beautiful big healthy babies. Momma goat did an exceptional job with these!

Melodie said...

Those are sure some cute kids! You have been blessed for sure!

SWiggins said...

Thanks everyone. I am really enjoying them. I love to watch them running and jumping.

Mama Mess said...

I love the spotted doeling!! Just gorgeous!

SWiggins said...

That's the only one that I plan on keeping this year. She is very sweet too.