Thursday, February 24, 2011

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Remember just a few days ago when I posted about how glorious the sunshine was. I raved about how beautiful Port Angeles is and how much I needed some light, and about how lovely it felt. Well, I am singing a different song today. It is still beautiful but I swear it was spring a minute ago. Here is the proof, My sweet little crocus are poking there heads out and wham! A huge (for us) late snow storm.




Proof that the kids really should put away the basketball EVERY time.



     I took a walk to the Discovery Trail not too far from my house and snapped a few pictures.


This is a covered bridge that spans the frigid waters of Bagley Creek. I didn't get a picture of this but my dog didn't let the snow stop her from taking a romp through the water while we were there, brrrr!






                                   This is the view from one side of the bridge

and this is the view from the other side.


Even though I am ready for spring, I do love the snow. I love the way it seems like a soft blanket that covers the ground, hiding any mud or trash. The trees are adorned with nature's decoration and all sound is muffled making everything in the woods seem very still. It is truly wonderful. Now book me a trip someplace warm!

5 comments:

Lisa Holman of XSBaggage and Co. said...

Your photos are beautiful Shannon! We only received about an inch of snow here in Orting. Still very pretty though. The pictures of the Discovery Trail and the covered bridge make me a little homesick for Port Angeles, and hiking the trail.

qandlequeen said...

I love the snow! Beautiful pictures!

SWiggins said...

Somehow hiking up the ravine in the snow is even more difficult but it was well worth the beauty of it.

Helene said...

So beautiful...so, so, so beautiful!!! We don't get snow where I live so I'm always in awe when people post such gorgeous snowy pics!

The one of the bridge looks like it should be on a postcard!!

SWiggins said...

Thanks Helene, I love the variety of weather that we get but it's back to grey now. Too much grey, I must create in my art room today!