Saturday, February 5, 2011

Am I ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Even though I have been feeling ambivalent lately about a lot of things there is always at least one thing that I am sure of, baby goats are sooooo cute. I told you before that I gave my two favorite goats to my niece, Shirley and her family. So yes, I did get rid of all of my goats but my two favorites are just across town; and while there were only two when they left my house, now there are nine. Yes, that's right, I said NINE! In the last three days they more than tripled their numbers. This morning I got to hop in my car and head over to pet some fuzzy, new babies so I snapped a few pictures to share with you.

The first doe surprised us with two doelings and a buckling. We were so surprised because she hardly looked pregnant. The second doe, which looked as wide as a sideways barrel, had two doelings and two bucklings. She was carrying about 30# worth of kids so I guess she was entitled to look so big.


This is Will, he is learning how to do the milking and baby feeding. I am so proud of him for taking on this project. He is a hard worker and a bright, young business man in the making.



5 comments:

Lisa Holman of XSBaggage and Co. said...

Oh! They are adorable!

SWiggins said...

Thanks, Lisa. They are so soft at this age and wobbly. Who wouldn't love them?

Shannon said...

Oh... They are so cute!!! I have to admit the farmer across the street from our neighborhood just had lambs and they too are the most adorable little things I have ever seen! The jump and prance!!! I just have to stop and watch sometimes!!!

I was worried when we had -5 temps last week that he might lose them, but it seems they have more than multiplied. Thanks for sharing these sweet pictures!!! And for stopping by my blog. :)

SWiggins said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog as well. I would have to agree, baby lambs are adorable. Do they jump and bouce around like goats do? I especially love it when they climb up on something and take a pirouette type leap off.
Shannon

LynnF said...

Wow, Shannon, they are totally cute!!! And I bet they're frisky, too, and lots of fun to watch! Good for Will for taking on such a project!