Saturday, February 19, 2011

Why did I move back to Port Angeles, WA?

 Some days, especially in the winter I start asking myself, "Why did I move back here?" It can be dark and dreary. The rain can go on for days and the most common color we see is grey. Several years back it rained everyday (at least a little) for thirty-two days straight. On days like today I am reminded of the sheer beauty of this place I call home. The slogan says it's "where the mountains greet the sea" and it is true. I would feel lonely anywhere that I could not see mountains and water. It was cool and crisp today but the sun was shining like it was summer. If you didn't step outside you could convince yourself that it might be 80 degrees outside. Everyone here must have been aching to feel the sun today because on our way out to Ediz Hook there were people everywhere. Coming out of their doors and blinking into the sun like moles coming out of the ground. We all have to wear sunglasses because we are not used to the light. I once read that people in Washington buy more pairs of sunglasses than anywhere else in the states because it is so long between times that we use them that we lose them and have to buy another pair. I snapped a few pictures to show you how beautiful it is.


A lady was feeding seagulls and there was a huge flock surrounding her. I made sure to park far away from her since I just washed my car today.
This is Port Angeles


The beach logs

We decided to walk on the logs without touching ground for as far as we could. We made it quite a ways but I did have to touch once when the kids didn't. I just couldn't make the jump.


That strip of land that is on the horizon in this picture is Canada.

                  
                    This is my youngest daughter, Grace. Apparently when you are 16 you have to text  
                                                     everywhere you go all of the time.    


So this is why I live in Port Angeles, Washington. It is truly beautiful here. Okay, my family might have a small something to do with why I moved back here but don't tell them, it might go to their heads.

No comments: